For a career that makes a difference
BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST (BAND 6)
Department: Haematology/Blood Transfusion, Microbiology, Cellular Pathology,
Cytopathology, Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service, Clinical Chemistry,
Location: NI Pathology Laboratories
Applications are now invited from enthusiastic and motivated individuals who will work as part of a skilled dedicated team as well as autonomously to deliver, a high quality, efficient, safe and effective laboratory service.
Roles will be dependent upon the discipline concerned but will mainly consist of the analysis of biological specimens using scientific and analytical methods utilising various manual, semi-automated and automated techniques and equipment.
• Be registered as a Biomedical Scientist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) AND
• Have completed IBMS Specialist Portfolio (or equivalent) relevant to discipline plus at least one year’s post registration experience within relevant discipline
• Hold current HCPC registration as a Biomedical Scientist obtained prior to 2007 and have at least 3 years post HCPC registration experience in the relevant discipline.
Following this interview process, a waiting list will be compiled to fill future vacancies. Depending on the needs of the service, consideration will be given to candidates interested in permanent, temporary, full time and part time employment.
What we offer:
• Exciting opportunities across all disciplines and locations;
• Support in your Continuing Professional Development;
• Opportunities to participate in various service improvement initiatives;
• The chance for you to participate in laboratory events to showcase our profession;
• Opportunities for career progression.
Apply online: www.hscrecruit.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th November 2018
Interviews will take place on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November 2018.
An Equal Opportunities Employer
Click on the image below for Information on Living and Working in Northern Ireland